Multi-factor authentication is a layered approach to securing data and applications where a system requires a user to present a combination of two or more credentials to verify a user’s identity for login. MFA increases security because even if one credential becomes compromised, unauthorized users will be unable to meet the second authentication requirement and will not be able to access the targeted physical space, computing device, network, or database.
1. Open a web browser and go to https://aka.ms/MFASetup. Once there login with your BAE email address and password.
2. Once you're logged in the system will ask that more information is required. Click Next to continue.
3. In the next window select, "I want to setup a different method".
4. Choose, "Phone" as the authentication method and then click on Confirm.
5. Enter your phone number in the space below and make sure, "Text me a code" is selected. Click Next to proceed.
7. You'll then get prompted to confirm your phone number. Please enter the code sent to your device and click Next.
8. You should then get confirmation of your device getting successfully registered. Click Next and then Done to finish.
Once MFA is enabled users will be required to enter their one-time passcode when they sign-in on new devices for the first time or if the last sign-in is more than two weeks old. Never give the one-time passcode to anyone, BAE staff included.
If you have any questions please reach out to Support.